Student Recruitment Manager Assistant, Job identified with AUSTRALIAN FILM TELEVISION & RADIO SCHOOL
Assistant Manager of Student Recruitment (identified) – Ongoing, full time
AFTRS is the Australian Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and strengthen Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is regularly ranked among the best film schools in the world.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Student Recruitment Manager (Identified) to join our Partnerships & Development team. You will be responsible for prospecting, developing, tracking leads and recruiting students from across Australia to the school, identifying and implementing improvements to the admissions process.
About the role:
As an assistant responsible for student recruitment at AFTRS, you:
- Facilitate the student recruitment process from the first application of a potential student, through to application and assessment
- Identify and implement improvements to the recruiting process by increasing team productivity and improving the student experience while connecting the sales function within the division and identifying alternate pathways and promotion opportunities cross
- Work with the marketing team to develop lead development campaigns and targeted content to generate new interest and enrollments for short courses and rewards programs
- Work closely with the First Nations and Outreach team to implement culturally appropriate strategies to increase applications from diverse students from across Australia, with particular emphasis on First Nations nominations
- Provide culturally informed and appropriate counseling to all prospective students, especially prospective First Nations students
- Manage the schedule and budget of student recruitment fairs by giving AFTRS a presence at key fairs in Australia and ensuring that the school is positively represented at external events through a visual identity and attractive materials and knowledgeable staff to answer questions.
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or student recruitment roles in education, training or screen and arts environments.
- Experience in achieving sales key performance indicators, developing and defending customer and sales processes in order to create a pipeline for students / potential customers.
- Strong customer service skills with a proven ability to handle sales inquiries across multiple platforms including phone, email, social media, direct messaging and web inquiries.
- Experience working with CRM systems, creating custom reports and analyzing sales.
- Experience in implementing strategies designed to nurture and create potential student pathways with an emphasis on students from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and proven ability to work in multiple functions.
- Experience in managing the calendar of school recruitment events, including school visits, job fairs and education exhibitions.
AFTRS considers being an Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander to be a true professional qualification under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
As a creative organization, we understand the importance of offering flexible work to support your own creativity, well-being and balance. We will genuinely examine requests for job sharing and part-time work. We also support working from home and flexible working hours.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and values diversity in the workplace, First Nations values, and we strongly encourage and welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, people of diverse origins and people with disabilities. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to complete a Child Labor Audit.
Salary: AFTRS $ 5,689,489 – $ 70,588 plus up to 15.4% super and great benefits.