Deputy Director – Banking People Management
We created Novo to challenge the status quo: we are on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMEs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic, knowledgeable people who want their work to produce better results for small businesses – the backbone of our economy. You will join our crew and work on the building blocks of everything Novo delivers.
- Novo is a rapidly growing Series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team passionate about helping every small business in America
- A positive, inclusive and supportive culture that encourages you on your journey
- We work with brand new technologies and architectural models
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Hybrid work culture
- Offices in New York, Miami, and India for those who want to use Whiteboard in person
Small businesses are the backbone of the US economy, accounting for nearly half of GDP and the private workforce. Yet the big banks don’t provide the modern access, support, and tools owners need to grow their businesses successfully.
We created Novo to challenge the status quo: we are on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to banking platform for small businesses (SMEs). Novo is turning the banking world upside down and we are excited to lead the small business banking revolution.
At Novo, we’re here to help entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and SMEs achieve their financial goals by providing an operating system that makes business banking as easy as iOS. We have developed modern bank accounts and tools to help you save time and increase your cash flow. Our unique product integrations allow easy access to track payments, transfer money internationally, manage business transactions and more. We’ve had a big impact in a short time, helping thousands of organizations access super-simple business banking.
We are looking for a Deputy Director – People Management in Banking who will provide an integrated approach to the appropriate teams ensuring that people related issues are managed effectively. If you are passionate about this role and consider yourself a popular person, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize small business banking with us?
Key Result Areas
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the tasks handled by the team and coach the team to improve productivity; look for automation opportunities so you can take on new challenges
- Motivate the team to achieve desired results and outcomes as defined by line manager. Give and constructively integrate feedback into work products and processes, remaining flexible in a changing environment.
- Coach team leaders on new processes and system changes to facilitate pivots in strategy and operational agility; developing and managing operational plans, reports or analyses.
- Serve as an escalation point and act as a trainer for new entrants.
- Proactively identify issues; solve problems within the team and collaborate with line manager on challenges that may require analysis of data, interpretation of regulations or people management considerations.
- Maintain and improve standard operating procedures and service delivery standard to improve, control and improve operations. Contribute to automation projects. Take responsibility for the quality of the results of individual work as well as accountability for what the team delivers. Focus on accuracy; ensure the success of the line manager and the team as a whole.
- Collaborate with key banking department contacts outside of the team and interact with customers and vendors as needed
- Support the professional development of all team members by providing guidance on career plans and goal setting.
- In total, more than 6 years of experience in the banking and financial services industry
- 3-5 years of team management experience is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of MS-Excel, MS-PPT and other office management tools
- Preferably with Fintech experience.
Education / Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate/post-graduate from any recognized university/institution
- Skills for problem solving
- Basic knowledge of Fintech/Banking space
- Very good communication skills
- Lateral thinking; ability to collaborate effectively and motivate others; Excellent team spirit
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks.
- Focus on accuracy and the ability to serve as an escalation point
Novo values diversity as a central tenant of the work we do and the companies we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.