Assistant Manager, Learning Technology and Systems job with SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Technology and learning systems
In this role, the appointee will support and implement the efforts of the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) to manage the design, development and implementation of an application platform to support (i) capacity building and career development of adult education and training (TAE) practitioners and (ii) provide the system to support the business processes for the skills certification and education network of one-stop-shop adults.
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage the design and development project to support end-to-end business processes for the One-Stop Adult Education and Skills Certification Network, Adult Educator Professionalization, TAE Professional Profiling, and knowledge of professional skills. TAELENT is a talent platform for adult educators in Singapore to use to profile their skills, search for jobs and assignments, research appropriate development programs and opportunities, interact with the adult educator community and gain recognition from IAL and SkillsFuture Singapore.
- Manage the translation of TAELENT business and user needs into technical specifications for system development.
- Establish a system to provide good user experience to increase the number of active users of the platform.
- Establish an intuitive system function to support the process of assigning digital badges to generate and adopt skill badges.
- Develop data dashboard and perform data analysis for TAE skills and job demand / offer
- Establish an ecosystem to support TAE professionals in the search for job opportunities and projects via the TAELENT platform
- Manage the project budget and payment to the system vendor for development and maintenance.
- Manage the integration of the TAELENT platform with other systems, to ensure that all milestones and tasks are well planned and coordinated, supporting the organization’s IT master plan.
- Support any other event or business project that may require assistance from time to time
- Graduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, preferably with at least 5-8 years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst for Design / Development and Implementation implementation / maintenance of a system at company level
- Knowledge of the training and adult education sector is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge in application development (with complete SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, etc.), programming languages (.NET, ASP.NET, Java, J2EE, Spring, HTML5, JS, CSS) and cloud services (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or other cloud service providers) with experience in operating cloud architecture and related.
- Formal training and qualifications in these technical areas are preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage all stakeholders at all levels for project discussions, updates and recommendations.
- Proven project, resource and change management skills to manage job demands and deliver high quality work on time
- Strong sense of problem solving, critical thinking, logic / analysis and process improvement
- Great learning agility, being able to work under time pressure and being highly adaptable to thrive in a fast-paced and fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit to do things better, to be open to possibilities and to be able to overcome any technical, political and organizational obstacles that may emerge