Assistant Manager, Grant Support job with SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
The Innovation Center (IC) builds CET learning and innovation capabilities for all sectors and promotes the adoption of learning innovation practices. In this position, the appointee will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of grants and programs under the IF and related contracts, financial and budgetary duties of the center, drafting of management reports, contribution the planning and organization of the activities of the center events and activities, the purchase of goods and services on behalf of the center and the maintenance of the website.
- Manage and administer the grant program(s) in accordance with the appropriate governance framework
- Manage day-to-day operations of assigned programs, including grant appeals, budget/finance related processes and process improvements to improve efficiency
- Monitor project progress, provide timely updates, and process project change and extension requests
- Ensure compliance with all grant governance, funding and audit requirements
- Write management reports for the assigned program(s) and report on project progress.
- Respond to customer inquiries, including drafting and coordinating internal responses
- Maintain and update the microsite
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement strategies to expand the network of solutionists, users, industries and public bodies, in order to sow awareness and interest in the center’s programs
- Any other duties, including cross-divisional projects or events, as may be assigned by management from time to time to meet the needs of the organization and the changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, business and/or science.
- Preference will be given to a candidate who has held administrative positions in a similar grant environment and/or has IT management experience leading a large-scale technology program with a significant number of stakeholders across multiple functions and splits.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly motivated individual with a keen eye for detail and strong numeracy literacy.
- Possess good writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and meet KPIs.
- Analytical and strong in process planning, implementation and design
- Resilient to challenges and has good problem solving skills
- The successful candidate will be based at the IAL campus located at the Institute of Lifelong Learning in Paya Lebar.